Today's task is to look for ways to save as a family!
"He that is inclined to Mercy shall be blessed; for of his bread he hath given the poor." Proverbs 22:9
During these tough times, we have had to look over our finances as many families have had to do. We have found a few ways to save that might help you. In today's task, I encourage you to look at finances as a way to team building experience. Invite family members to sit down and consider what can be changed, given up or modified to save a few dollars:
* Shop for groceries at a discount grocery store. Save-a-lot, Pricerite, Aldi's can cut your grocery bill in half.
* Review your cell phone plans and apply for any discounts. I received a discount because of my employer that I didn't know I qualified for.
* Ask to have late fees removed from credit card bills. Most companies will do it without question if it is the first late fee charged to you. Others are willing to reduce or remove the fees if you explain why the bill was late. A phone call can save you $ 25-35.00.
* Review where the money is going. Make a budget, keeep a log. We do this on vacation and as a result we can count on what our costs will be each year (almost to the penny). Many people are unaware that those 4 trips for milk are actually costing them a fortune because they impulse buy when they get to the store. I have found that I save money by running into the more expensive local store for milk, as they do not have as many attractive displays and I only buy the milk I came for. Keeping track helps you see exactly where the money is going.
* Give help to the needy. When we are generous to others, the good Lord sees and is generous to us. We have always found that when we give away from our want, God always provides what we needs. God bless you.